I am still sick. Although I did seem to sleep better last night than I had ever expected to, this cough is making me down right miserable. To me, coughing is the worst part of being sick. The. Worst.
The medical social worker in me gets the importance of coughing. Our body needs to. All that gunk in there needs to come out and coughing is the vehicle. As unpleasant as the whole process is, coughing is good when you are sick … but I still don’t have to like it. And here are my reasons why:
1. Coughing gives me an idea of what it might feel like if my head were to actually explode. This is knowledge I think most of us could do without.
2. Coughing makes me unattractive. Have you ever looked in the mirror after a horrendous coughing fit? If you haven’t, just trust me, you are not pretty or handsome anymore.
3. Coughing makes my sinuses feel like they suddenly grew larger than my head dimensions can support. I’m guessing that this feeling can only be equated to someone sticking a bicycle tire pump up my nose and inflating.
4. Coughing has educated me on just how long I can live without air and still keep my faculties. It’s surprisingly long. Go me.
5. And the last and probably biggest reason I hate coughing, is that it makes me have to pee. All I can say is that it’s a good thing I’m a runner …
Well, I hope you all have a day where you can catch your breath!!!